Sunnvalley has a full-studio setup with over 20 backdrops to choose from, multiple floor types, seating choices, and props. Studio portraits look good in both color, and black and white and put more emphasis on the subjects, and less on “scenery”. This is a great way to express your style. Here are some tips on how to prepare for a studio portrait session.
- Choose a clothing style that makes you feel comfortable and confident. Opt for clothing that is solid in color, rather than patterns, as they can be distracting in a portrait.
- Select the right makeup. A professional makeup artist can help you get the look you want.
- Do your hair. Whether you choose to do it yourself or hire a professional, make sure it looks perfect before you arrive at the studio.
- Bring props. If you’re shooting a professional portrait in a studio, props such as books, plants, or musical instruments can add interest to the photo.
- Plan your poses. Take some time to practice in front of a mirror or with a friend beforehand.
- Relax. Take a few deep breaths before you start shooting and remember to smile!
- Have fun! Professional portrait sessions should be enjoyable, so make sure to have a good time!